Jambalaya is traditionally a very meat heavy recipe, but I have VEGANIZED IT! A bunch of you asked for this recipe so here it is!
This is super easy to make in big batches so it would be perfect for meal prepping or a family dinner.
Let me know your thoughts in the comments down below!
Simnett Nutrition Style Jambalaya
2 green bell peppers, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 white onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1.5 cups brown rice
4 cups low sodium veggie stock
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup tomato sauce (I used a basil/herb one)
1 tsp paprika
0.5 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp thyme
1.5 – 2 tbsp chopped or minced garlic
pepper to taste
1 pack of vegan sausage or use tofu, tempeh or anything you want!
chopped green onion for garnish
This is a low sodium recipe, as I used low sodium veggie stock, however salt really brings out the flavour, so season to taste if you want.
For this recipe you will need 2 pans, one frying pan and one large sauce pan that is deep enough to cook rice with lots of liquid in it.
1. add chopped onion, green bell pepper and celery to large preheated pan. Saute with veggie stock until soft and tender.
2. add the spices (paprikas, thyme, garlic, pepper), stir to coat veggies
3. add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, stir well.
4. add brown rice and veggie stock, stir well and cover. bring to a boil and turn down to low heat to allow rice to cook. Stir occasionally. Brown rice takes approx. 40 mins to cook.
5. when the rice has been cooking for approx 30 mins, you can go ahead and heat the sausage (or whatever you choose to use) in a separate frying pan.
6. add sausage to jambalaya when the rice is cooked and you are ready to serve.
Serve with chopped green onion on top. Feel free to make this recipe your own by adding chopped kale, chopped carrot or other veggies to the mix! Enjoy 🙂
MY VEGAN RECIPE EBOOK🍍
FREE EASY VEGAN MEAL PLANNER📝
SIMNETT NUTRITION MERCH👕
VIVO LIFE PROTEIN POWDER (DEREK10 for 10% off – new customers!)
USE MY VIVO AFFILIATE LINKS BELOW TO SUPPORT ME
• INSTAGRAM (DEREK):
• INSTAGRAM (CRYSTAL):
WANT TO SEND ME SOMETHING TO TRY?
PO Box 413 Parksville
Parksville, BC, Canada V9P2G5
HERE ARE THINGS I USE & LOVE (CAMERA, FITNESS & KITCHEN GEAR, SUPPLEMENTS):
WHO AM I?
I’m Derek Simnett, a Certified Nutritional Practitioner.
I love calisthenics and making good food!
Check out my 2 year transformation: