Love eating Upma? Make it healthier. Presenting a low calorie breakfast for diabetics loaded with the goodness of fibre from oats and veggies that help keep blood sugar levels under check. Find the recipe here.
VEGETABLE OATS UPMA RECIPE:
Serves: – 4
Preparation time: – 30-45 mins
Oats – 150 gms
Onions chopped – 2 nos.
Carrots chopped – 1 no.
French beans chopped 8-10 nos.
Green peas-1/4 cup
Green chillies slit – 1 no.
Mustard seeds – ¼ tbsp
Cumin seeds – ¼ tbsp
Hing- ¼ tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp.
Coriander leaves chopped
Lemon juice for garnish
Warm water – 11/2 cup
Salt to taste
1. Roast the oats till it turns slightly golden brown and gives a roasted aroma
2. Heat oil in a pan, add hing powder, turmeric powder and mustard seeds and allow it to crackle..
3. Now add cumin seeds, slit green chillies, curry leaves
4. Once the tempering is done, add chopped onions and sauté till it is translucent
5. Add chopped french beans and chopped carrots and add salt as required.
6. Add green peas and 11/2 cups warm water, mix well, cover with a lid & allow it to cook on medium flame for 5 minutes.
7. Add the roasted oats and mix well with the vegetables
8. Add chopped coriander leaves & serve hot.
NUTRITIONAL BENEFIT: –
Oats-Whole grain loaded with fiber combined with carrots, French beans and peas- rich source of vitamin A that helps to maintain blood sugar levels.
SPEAK Health by Sun Pharma is about having simple conversations in care. SPEAK Health empowers you with the knowledge that enables you to take better responsibility for your treatment.
Sun Pharma Education & Awareness Kaleidoscope – Reaching People. Touching Lives. !!!
Like us on Facebook: &
Subscribe us Youtube: