Thanks for tuning in! Practice a couple of recipes, and stock your pantry for quick and delicious low-carb treats and you will always be ready to treat guests during the festive holiday season.
Pantry Ready Treats:
• Rosemary roasted almonds
• Warmed olives
• Bread sticks
Warmed Marinated Olives
• 8 ounces Kalamata or mixed Greek olives (pitted for easiest serving)
• 1 bay leaf
• ½ cup quality extra virgin olive oil
• Fresh lemon peel twists
1. In a large, shallow skillet, gently warm olive oil over low heat. Add bay leaf.
2. Add olives and warm for about 10 minutes. Add the lemon twists
Rosemary Roasted Almonds
• 2 cups raw whole almonds
• 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• ¾ Tablespoon kosher salt
• 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
• Optional, for a bit of a kick: 1 teaspoon chili powder, dash of red ground pepper
Method: Preheat oven to 325 degrees
1. Combine all ingredients and toss to coat almonds
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the almonds in a single layer
3. Roast for 20 minutes, shaking at least once, until the almonds are browned
4. Cool and serve. These will keep for a few days in an airtight container
Quick, Easy and Delicious Low—Carb Bread stick
• Mozzarella cheese, pre-shredded 2 -1/2 cups
• Almond meal flour 1-1/2 cups
• 2 Tablespoons cream cheese
• 1 egg, medium, lightly beaten
• 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. Place she shredded cheese, cream cheese, almond flour and garlic in a microwavable bowl. Stir to combine
2. Microwave on HIGH for about 1 minute. The cheeses should start to melt
3. Stir, then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds. Allow to cool slightly.
4. Add the egg, stirring to make a cheese dough.
5. Take small portions (slightly smaller than a golf ball) and roll into long, thin breadsticks. Place on lined baking sheet or pan
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Keep a close eye on them!
7. Serve with warmed pesto, marinara, and tapenade.
Low Carb Chocolate!
Yes, ‘tis the season for Chocolate. One of my favorites is ChocZero
Dairy free, soy free, no sugar alcohols. Sweetened with monk fruit extract and bourbon vanilla beans.