AskMe presents a video featuring Chef Vicky Ratnani. He shares the recipe of Karimeen Pollichathu.
► Subscribe to ASKME Guru:
► Check out Food recipes and cooking tips from the expert, Chef Vicky Ratnani:
Karimeen Pollichathu is one of Kerala’s most scrumptious traditional dishes. Marinated Pearl Spot fish wrapped up in a banana leaf and grilled or steamed till it’s done, is a must try for every foodie. Check out Chef Vicky Ratnani’s recipe for this amazing dish, prepared with the perfect blend of authentic ingredients and his own twist!
Here is a list of ingredients you’ll need to make Karimeen Pollichathu:
1. Pearl Spot Fish
5. Red Chilly Powder
6. Turmeric Powder
1. Coconut Oil
2. Chopped Onions
3. Ginger-garlic Paste
4. Turmeric Powder
5. Coriander Powder
6. Red Chilly Powder
7. Black Pepper Powder
8. Chopped Tomatoes
9. Few Curry Leaves
10. Coconut Milk
11. Fresh Coriander
1. Marinate the fish in salt, pepper, oil, red chilly powder and turmeric powder.
2. Add oil in a pan and wait until it heats up.
3. Now, add chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste and fry until brown.
4. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder and black pepper powder in the pan.
5. Next, add chopped tomatoes, a few curry leaves and coconut milk.
6. Add fresh coriander along with the stem to add more flavor.
7. Leave it for a few minutes to cook and then take out the mixture in a bowl.
8. Stir the marinated fish in the same pan to seal the flavors.
9. Take a banana leaf and put a spoonful mixture. Put the fish on it and some more mixture and make a parcel.
10. Put the parcel in the steamer and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
11. Open the parcel, garnish with coriander leaves and chopped tomatoes and your Karimeen Pollichathu is ready to serve!