Italian meringue buttercream recipe without themometer. Learn everything about this Vanilla Frosting!
Perfect for Cakes and Cupcakes!
My Caramel cake:
► SUBSCRIBE for more videos◄
Ingredients in grams and cups:
– 6 Egg Whites ( ROOM TEMPERATURE)
– 300 gr Sugar ( 1 1/2 cups)
– 300 gr Soft Butter (2 1/2 STICKS)
– 2 tsp Vanilla Extract ( Use good quality)
– 85 gr Water ( 3 ounces)
– Pinch of Salt
– 1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
NOTE: For those of you that don’t eat eggs and would like to know what frosting to pair with my caramel cake, you can either make my regular buttercream frosting or my stabilized mascarpone whipped cream or even cream cheese frosting if you prefer! The options are endless and all so good! 🙂
→ Additional things you need to know about this frosting:
● Allow the sugar to dissolve and then bring to a boil. Let it boil for around 2-3 minutes. Don’t boil more than that and don’t stir! If you’re using a thermometer don’t let the mixture go over 120 degrees celsius.
● This frosting can also be made with margarine or a mixture of both butter and margarine. If you are using margarine check the fat % of the margarine. It should have a fat % similar to butter.
● This frosting can be kept both in the fridge or at room temp( unless it’s summer).
● Please don’t be discouraged if the first time you make this frosting it doesn’t turn out as expected. It takes some practice and patience, but once you understand how to make it, it’s super easy!