Join Carolyn from Homesteading Family for FREE, LIVE TRAINING on the Seven SIMPLE Steps to Herbal Remedies that WORK:
She’ll be teaching you how to create simple, effective healing systems for your family.
Shopping for a cast iron skillet? Be sure you know what to look for BEFORE you go!
Never miss a new video! Sign up to our email list here:
Click “SHOW MORE” if you’re new to our channel and “MORE ABOUT US” for some freebies!
If you’re looking to buy some new or used cast iron, be sure to watch this video as Carolyn breaks down the different TYPES of cast iron, how to test a piece to know if it’s both usable and of good quality. Knowing this information will help you whenever you find that amazing deal, you’ll know whether it’s a deal to jump on, or pass on. And remember, NOT ALL CAST IRON IS CREATED EQUAL!
If you’ve ever asked the following questions:
– What is the best brand of cast iron skillet?
– What is the best cast iron skillet size?
– Is there a difference in quality of cast iron skillets?
– What is the best vintage cast iron skillet?
– Where should I look for cast iron pans?
You’ll find the answers you’re looking for in this cast iron video (which is the first in a series of videos we’ll be covering for everything pertaining to Cast Iron. You can then watch for the blog post where we’ll compile all the information together into a CAST IRON 101).
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our nine children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here:
Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit us at and on Facebook at
A few highlights you don’t want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Click any of the links below for instant access to free video training resources:
– Healthy Healing at Home- Free 4 video workshop on our herb course Herbal Medicine Cabinet: Colds
– Bread Making workshop- Free 4 video workshop on our masterclass, The Art of Homemade Bread
– Meals on Your Shelf- Free 4 video workshop on canning. The Abundant Pantry: Canning
Click any of the links below for instant access to these free downloadable PDFs:
– Homesteading Family’s Favorite Holiday Recipes – A PDF download filled with our family’s favorite holiday recipe.
– 5 Steps to a More Self Sufficient Life- Simple PDF download on 5 steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle.
– Thrive Wellness Checklist- A simple PDF download for healthy living.
– Permaculture for Your Homestead- PDF download that is an introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden.
– Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list- PDF with Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.
– Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles- Carolyn’s favorite make-ahead breakfast casseroles.
– Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs- PDF download with multiple ways to preserve eggs.
– 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden- PDF download with an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden
– Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop.
– Fearless Fermenting- A PDF on basic lacto-ferments.
– Fermenting Tomatoes- PDF download on fermenting tomatoes
– Preserving Culinary Herbs- Downloadable, step by step directions to drying, freezing and salting culinary herbs.
– Render Your Own Lard- PDF with instructions on how to render your own lard.
#castiron #castironskillet #castironpan #castironcookware